Blind Golf Australia – Core Document 6
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BGA MEMBER ORGANISATION
MEMBERS SUSPENDED OR EXPELLED FOR DISCIPLINARY REASONS POLICY
(Ratified at a BGA Directors Meeting on June 7 2017)
- It has become necessary for Blind Golf Australia (BGA) to devise such a policy due to participants from member organisations being suspended or expelled from membership and/or participation in tournaments/events for disciplinary reasons.
- This policy shall operate and be read in conjunction with the BGA Statement of Rules and the relative sections of any Member Organisations constitution/statement of rules.
- Blind Golf Australia (BGA) Members Suspended or Expelled for Disciplinary Reasons Policy will come into operation for all golfers and caddies of member organisations and BGA sanctioned tournaments/events effective from 1 March, 2009.
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BGA MEMBER ORGANISATION
- Each BGA Member Organisation shall ensure that all other BGA Member Organisations are formally notified if any golfers and/or caddy from their organisation are suspended or expelled for disciplinary reasons.
- A person from any BGA Member Organisation who is suspended or expelled for disciplinary reasons from membership or participation in any member organisations tournaments/events may not be permitted to join any other BGA Member Organisation or be permitted to compete in any other member organisations or BGA tournaments/events for the period of the suspension/expulsion.
- Each BGA Member Organisation shall ensure that all “Right of Appeal” processes have been undertaken and complete prior to any formal notification of a suspension or expulsion being forwarded to BGA or any Member Organisation.
- If a person is not satisfied with the outcome of any “Right of Appeal” process undertaken by a BGA Member Organisation, that person may have a “Right of Appeal” to BGA directly provided that “Right of Appeal” is submitted in writing to BGA. The BGA Member Organisation may then be requested to provide evidence of cause for the suspension or expulsion.